Monday, July 2, 2007

THE INDIAN WAY OF DOING THINGS- Divorce and Businessdeals.

THE INDIAN WAY OF DOING THINGS- Divorce


After 48 years of marriage, an elderly Sindhi man in Bombay calls his
son in New York and says, "I hate to ruin your day son, but I have to
tell you that your mother and I are getting a divorce; 45 years of
misery is enough!"

"Dad, what are you talking about?" the son screams.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the old man says.

"We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about
this,so you call
your sister in Hong Kong and tell her!"

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone.
"Like heck they're getting divorced," she shouts, "I'll take care of this."
She calls Bombay immediately, and screams at the old man,
"You are not getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get
there. I'm calling my
Brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow.Until then, don't do a
thing, DO YOU HEAR??" and she hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "Okay", he says,
"It's all set. They're both coming for Diwali and paying
their own airfare!!"
WHAT A BRIGHT IDEA TO BRING BACK OUR CHILDREAN HOME!!!

SYL

----------------------------------------------------
THE INDIAN WAY OF DOING THINGS- Business

Three contractors . . . one from India, another from Germany and the
third from England are bidding to repair the White House fence. They go
with a White House official to examine the fence.

The English contractor takes out a tape measure and does some
measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says. "I
figure the job will run $900 . . . $400 for materials, $400 for labour
and $100 profit for me."

The German contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says,
"I can do this job for $700 . . . $300 for materials, $300 for my crew
and $100 profit for me."

The Indian contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the
White House official and whispers: "$2,700."

The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the
other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"

"Easy," the Indian explains, "$1,000 for you, $1,000 for me and we hire
the guy from Germany to do the work."

No comments:

Blog Archive